Business Insider suggests tips to get your fall job search off on the right foot.
- Identify your top three skills.
- Your three most marketable skills
- Make sure your resume highlights and reflects that
- Update your resume.
- Take off the items and jobs you held anytime before you graduated high school – they are not relevant!
- Highlight the things that helped you hone your skills
- Employers don’t care if they are not relevant – no need to add padding
- Rank your top jobs and companies.
- Rank all the jobs you qualify for and focus your energy on the top 3-5
- Don’t give up!
- The most important factor in your job search is your attitude
- Get organized and stick to a schedule
How are you focusing your job search for the fall?