According to news from the ASC Association, ASC managers should add these important dates to their work calendars. By attending these events listed, it will help ASC managers run more efficient surgery centers and provide better care to patients.
• Deadline for submitting comments concerning the inpatient prospective payment rule of the new Medicare quality reporting program. Comments can be submitted to CMS by June 25.
• The Supreme Court will announce its decision on the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act.
• Deadline for comments on HHS’ National Action Plan to Prevent Healthcare-Associated Infections in ASCs. Comments can be submitted by June 25.
• HHS will release its final rule modifying security and breach notifications under HIPAA.
• CMS will release its 2013 proposed rule for ASCs.
• ASCA and the CDC will meet concerning single use vials in ASCs.
• Medicare will release details concerning how ASCs will report their quality data.
• Medicare will begin its ASC Quality Reporting Program. All ASCs must start reporting their quality data to CMS on October 1.
• CMS will release its 2013 final rule for ASCs.
• Federal elections will be held on November 6. ASC congressional allies such as Representatives Shelley Berkley (D-NV) and David Schweikert (R-AZ) have tough races this year.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012.